Influenced partly by her enjoyment of the show “Super Why” and partly by her super hero-obsessed guy friends, I tried to make the Peanut a cape. (My plan is to make several, but I needed to make a prototype first.) Upon allowing me to try the cape on her, Peanut announced that she needed an eye mask. Back to the sewing room I went, but with a couple of minutes, some scissors, a piece of felt, and some elastic we were back in business.
I didn’t find a tutorial I really liked, so I just made it up. I used a stretchy velvet so I didn’t even need to hem it. There’s a casing at the top that I ran twill tape through and used velcro for the closure. Thrilling!