Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sister Sunsuit/Sundress Pair

I found a tutorial online of how to make a sunsuit (or “bubble,” as I call it). Since the Little Miss has been wearing these almost exclusively this summer, I decided to try to make one. The first one I made was a refashion of a baby dress, but this one is from scratch. I purchased the remainder of the fabric on the bolt and it turned out to be exactly enough for the bubble for the baby and a simple sundress for the Peanut.DSC_0497

The sundress is basically the Sweet Little Dress (the same as this dress and any other dress I’ve made) but without sleeves. I made straps (thanks, Rae!) and ran some elastic through the top.DSC_0420 DSC_0465

For the bubble, I used this tutorial but changed the bottom. I based it off of an existing outfit that the Little Miss has. Pretty proud of myself for that, and for getting the snaps to line up!

DSC_0471 DSC_0474 DSC_0476 DSC_0496

And totally randomly, the morning after I made these, the Crafterhours blog posted the same idea—making a dress for the older girl and making it into a romper for the younger! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment