Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Three Tote Bags

It’s no secret that I love tote bags, and based on their shape (squareish) and their dimensions (variable), I figured I could make one fairly confidently.  I found this tote tutorial which uses a dishcloth but could use fabric, and intrigued me by having a lining and interfacing, and made some tote bags.  The only changes I made to the directions were that I added a squared bottom and interfaced the lining of the straps.

I made three sizes of totes, not for the three bears, but for me and the girls.

There’s the littlest tote for the littlest one: DSC_0728 DSC_0740

A medium-sized tote for the older daughter:

DSC_0730DSC_0729 

And a large tote with long handles for me:

DSC_0731DSC_0732 

DSC_0733

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE tote bags! They are the bestest. I just made a cute one and posted about it here: http://megityshandmade.blogspot.com/2010/04/show-and-tell-part-2-weekender-tote-and.html
    It even has the link for the free pattern. I also have that brown floral that used for your medium tote. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the totes! I'd loooooove to learn to make those too :)

    ReplyDelete